5.19.2009

fashionista of the month: miss beth martin


k's longtime friend, former roommate, and fellow fashion enthusiast beth martin was an obvious pick for our fashion interviewee sooner or later. beth was born and raised around the denver area, and we're always impressed by her ability to stand out and not only be fashion-forward, but unique, and also just fucking adorable and sassy. don't even get me started on her halloween costumes. yay for may!

1. why do you think you're so fashionable?
I guess maybe its the fact i don't take myself seriously. I like to have fun with my style and do silly things. Keeping people guessing always seems really fashionable to me. Plus I have an uncanny ability to wear way too many accessories. 

2. what's the least fashionable thing about you?
My bags are normally hideous. I cant be bothered to hold things so I put my purses down everywhere and they end up getting pretty grimy .

3. what's a secret fashion vice of yours?
I'm the type of person who likes to re-invent myself very frequently or i get board, so right now my current vice is changing my hair. I wanted it short a month ago and now I want it long again so i may have developed a slight addiction to hair extensions...on only one side.


4. what trend or trends do you hate the most right now?
Not so sure how i feel about jumpers. I somehow have one in my closet though. How i ended up thinking "yeah this is cute", going all the way to the counter, getting my money out and purchasing it without a little red flag coming up I have no idea.

5. who or what is a fashion inspiration to you?
People who are elegant and classy no matter what they are wearing always baffle and amaze me. I am inspired by people who are effortlessly glamorous, probably because it is so different than how I feel myself. Also my friends inspire me; we feed off each other. Who knows what i would end up wearing if i didn't have fashionable friends?



bonus beth question!!: as a longtime denver-area resident, what are some tips you have for us about vintage store shopping or places to shop?

For me the most important thing right now is versatility, because i'm quite broke. So i need to find things i can wear lots of different ways. The great thing about vintage stores is that you can have versatility without being boring. I love the unique shapes that you can find. I really enjoy common era over on platte street as well; they are reasonably priced and they have a lot of jewelery that they make themselves and is one-of-a-kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment